Submit your job posting if your job should be listed here too!
Submit your job application to C++ employers via Meeting C++
C++ Engineer for map positioning algorithms
published at 24.10.2018 10:30
Relocation Level: International
Would you like to work on the software foundation for all of TomTom's navigation products with 800 million of TomTom users?
Taste your challenge…
- We are looking for bright, curious minds in software development to join one of the six scrum teams developing TomTom’s navigation engine, NavKit, written in C++ with highly optimized algorithms to compute the quickest route to any destination, on any device.
- Constantly grow, led by your curiosity to grab the many development opportunities at TomTom and stay up to speed with the latest tools and techniques in an ever-changing technological landscape
- Produce great, elegant and simple code in a dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment.
- One minute you are discussing race conditions in multi-threaded code on a review, next you are in a whiteboard session with your colleagues drawing up the design of the next feature you love what we refer to as “perfect code” that is recognized by your peers as being elegant and simple.
What you can expect from us
- Medical Care
- Pre-paid lunch card
- Life insurance
- Birthday day off
- 50% discount on our products
- MyBenefit system
- Brand new office with electrically regulated height of desks
What we expect from you
- Your C++ programming skills and engineering know-how are impressive. Be prepared to be tested and challenged on this!
- You have the skills and desire to build and improve complex algorithms.
- You love working as part of a self-organizing Scrum team in a scaled, agile environment.
- Ability to teach and act as a mentor to your team
- Your knowledge is backed by a BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience. However, if you’re talented, degrees aren’t everything.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Android / iOS technological stack including Java and Objective-C or experience in creating Python scripts
- Knowledge of automated testing, CI techniques and tools, design patterns and clean code principles.
Want to join us? Please complete the online form www.tomtom.com/careers/global
To get the full story about this vacancy or the application procedure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org