Submit your job posting if your job should be listed here too!
Submit your job application to C++ employers via Meeting C++
Cross-Platform Global Endpoint Software Architect (C/C++)
published at 22.02.2019 11:11
Location: Cork, Ireland
Relocation Level: International
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance.
Forcepoint is recognised as a Market & Technology Leader in NGFW, CASB, DLP and Cross Domain Cyber Solutions and is a pioneer in anti-evasion defences and high-availability clustering.
Position: Cross Platform Global Endpoint Software Architect (C/C++)
Location: Cork, Ireland
Forcepoint is building a new world class Endpoint organisation in Cork, Ireland. The Cork team will be part of a global team that develops Forcepoint’s Windows, Linux and Mac Endpoint products to scale to meet the needs of hundreds of millions of Forcepoint users.
This position includes responsibility for architecture, design and implementation of our Endpoint products. We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious, independent hard worker who wants to be part of a winning team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an architect developer to work on building a new architecture from the ground up.
- Act in the role of leader and mentor regarding the direction for technical decisions in software architecture
- Drive process improvements throughout the engineering organisation to harness architectural efficiencies
- Maintain high-quality coding standards
- Work collaboratively with a degree of humility
- Interact with management and stakeholders
- Determine the best design and architecture in translating business requirements into specific endpoint products
- Ensure best practices for success are well defined and followed for endpoint products
- Assists in the development of prototype versions of endpoint products.
- Participates in design and code inspections.
- Resolve technical challenges
- Plan for technology insertion and evolutionary paths
- Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies
- Document design activities including high-level designs, design features and components.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the business’ strategic direction.
- Work to strengthen the quality deliverables by reviewing test plans and recommending testing strategies.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven background as a Software Architect, ideally within the endpoint space
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience in endpoint technologies
- Kernel & User level development experience
- Experience with: C/C++, Multi-threaded applications, server-side time-critical applications.
- Demonstrated experience developing on multiple platforms (Windows/Mac/Linux). Working with cross compiling architectures.
- High emphasis on quality – unit testing, E2E testing, code reviewing, pre-merge testing etc...
- Strong understanding of good branching/merging techniques & strategies.
- Experience developing large scale multi-threaded applications in a loosely coupled, modular, maintainable and scalable fashion.
- Self-motivated and driven individual
- Excellent documentation and communication skills both within formal and informal settings.
- Experience with modern engineering processes such as Agile and Scrum.
- Experience of the full endpoint product lifecycle from requirements to development to quality to operations and production.
- Ability to provide complete and measurable feedback to others in a positive manner.
- Keeps up to date on current and future technologies within the endpoint space and security in general.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of large enterprise networking environments.
- Experience working with large enterprise customers.
- Security certification
- Experience working with a multi-product architecture
- Understanding of security concepts: encryption, secure application development, defensive programming, software vulnerabilities and exploits, general issues in web security.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
What You Can Expect
At Forcepoint, you have the opportunity to join a startup environment with the comfort of a world class established organisation behind you. We have a brand new office facility in the city centre and offer a competitive range of benefits including: Pension, Healthcare, Critical Illness, Life Assurance, Tuition Assistance, Sports & Social Club, Commuter Rail & Bus Tax Saver Scheme, Bike to Work Scheme, Employee Referral Bonus Payments, Sabbatical Programme and Volunteering Hours.
Highly competitive compensation and benefits are just the beginning. We promise A Big Investment in You — you'll also get all the training and support you need to succeed and grow your career.
Our values are who we are…
Trustworthy | Respectful | Collaborative | Innovative | Accountable | Relentless
…and drive everything we do.