Submit your job posting if your job should be listed here too!
Submit your job application to C++ employers via Meeting C++
Senior Software Developer at ANSYS
published at 22.10.2019 10:48
Relocation Level: Country
The engineer will join the Research and Development team that creates state of the art software for electromagnetic crosstalk analysis.With increasing frequencies, tighter margins, denser integrated circuits (e.g. 3-D IC structures, stacked die architectures, etc.), and new devices and materials, the necessity of full electromagnetic (EM) interference analysis is becoming a fundamental need for the industry. The associated physics and the sheer design size bring out new challenges related to power and reliability, affecting design closure, and at the same time make the incorporation of EM phenomena in the sign-off process extremely challenging. ANSYS simulation and modeling tools offer the sign-off accuracy and performance needed to ensure optimal design, noise integrity and reliability of even the most complex ICs, taking into account electromagnetic crosstalk.
- Work with team to define and implement new capabilities. Once projects are defined, the engineer should be able to deliver medium and large sized projects with minimal input from others.
- Diagnose and fix code problems.
- Quickly obtain and demonstrate a solid understanding of the code of large modules and of the team’s software development processes and help to continuously improve both software and processes
- Deliver code on schedule. Ensure that code is efficient, scalable, maintainable, extensible, robust and easy to understand.
- Optimize code to improve tool run time and memory capacity.
- Create unit, regression and/or system-level tests to thoroughly validate new features or changes.
- Communicate clearly and work closely with manager, technical leads and other engineers to refine solutions and to describe changes that may affect others.
- Understand and demonstrate best practices in software engineering.
- Serve as a role model for excellent software skills and a source of domain expertise within the team.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, with 5 years’ work experience or MS in the same fields with 3 years work experience
- Broad and deep understanding of the C++ language and familiarization with contemporary standards (e.g. C++14) and language constructs
- Experience with high performance computing and parallel programming tools and frameworks.
- Strong working knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Strong background in data structures, algorithms, and debugging.
- Strong background in scalable algorithm implementation for scientific and engineering applications.
- Demonstrated expertise in software development processes.
- Ability to evaluate multiple approaches to technical problems and be able to recommend one solution after considering limitations and challenges.
- Ability to learn quickly, understand complex systems and to work closely with others.
- Ability to complete high-quality work on time.
- Communicate clearly with others regarding project status and risks.
- PhD in Electrical Engineer, Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrated skills in the following areas are a plus:
- Previous experience in EDA tools development.
- Experience with computational geometry algorithms and libraries (e.g. CGAL library).
- Successful large-scale commercial software development.
- Experience with the Python programming language.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork