Submit your job posting if your job should be listed here too!
Submit your job application to C++ employers via Meeting C++
Senior Software Development Engineer (C++ Cross-Platform)
published at 22.02.2019 11:12
Location: Cork, Ireland
Relocation Level: International
Forcepoint is building a new world class Cloud Engineering/Development organisation in Cork, Ireland. The Cork team will drive the development of best in class cloud services and applications scaling to meet the needs of hundreds of millions of Forcepoint users.
Position: Senior Software Development Engineer (C++ Cross-Platform)
Location: Cork, Ireland
The Forcepoint endpoint engineering team has an open position for a Senior Software Development Engineer in our new development centre of excellence in Cork city centre. To be successful in this role you will have experience designing and developing complex kernel and driver level code across multiple OS platforms. This position focuses on implementing new features as well as enhancing Forcepoint’s existing market leading Endpoint products in the rapidly growing area of cybersecurity.
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance.
- Design and implement cross platform endpoint security solutions in response to emerging threats
- Develop, enhance, and maintain Forcepoint endpoint security products
- Assist and troubleshoot product related issues escalated by the product support team
- Perform additional duties and projects as required to achieve organizational goals
- Work closely with a globally distributed group of stakeholders and remote development teams to ensure that all endpoint consumers get high quality components on schedule.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience with C/C++ on OS X, Linux and/or Windows
- Good knowledge of OS internals and device driver fundamentals
- Experience of leading development projects and the mentoring of junior developers
- Strong troubleshooting skills, good coding and source management practices
- Excellent debugging skills. Reverse engineering techniques and debugging of kernel space code.
- Strong understanding of operating system fundamentals such as file systems, network protocol stacks, process management, interrupt handling, and memory management.
- Deep understanding of secure coding techniques, integrity measurement, and tamper detection.
- Understanding or experience with certificate management, code signing, secure communications, encryption, trusted boot, or related topics.
- Understanding of backend application models and RESTful APIs.
- Self-motivated to research new skills and technologies (whether or not directly related to product)
- Commitment to the broader range of product development goals (teamwork at scale)
- Desire to develop talent and mentor junior engineers.
- Experience working in a cross functional organization with distributed teams.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and teamwork ethic within a diverse team environment.
- Knowledge of endpoint, network and data security highly desired
- Experience developing and debugging kernel level code and/or device drivers
- Prior experience developing security products
- Good understanding of test frameworks.
- Direct experience with SCRUM and Agile methods.
- Exposure to virtualization and containerization.
- Knowledge of design patterns.
- Solid understanding of build systems and continuous integration.
- Strong personal commitment to quality and repeatable processes.
What You Can Expect
At Forcepoint, you have the opportunity to join a startup environment with the comfort of a world class established organisation behind you. We have a brand new office facility in the city centre and offer a competitive range of benefits including: Pension, Healthcare, Critical Illness, Life Assurance, Tuition Assistance, Sports & Social Club, Commuter Rail & Bus Tax Saver Scheme, Bike to Work Scheme, Employee Referral Bonus Payments, Sabbatical Programme and Volunteering Hours.
Highly competitive compensation and benefits are just the beginning. We promise A Big Investment in You — you'll also get all the training and support you need to succeed and grow your career.
Our values are who we are…
Trustworthy | Respectful | Collaborative | Innovative | Accountable | Relentless
…and drive everything we do.