C++ User Group Meetings in March 2014
The monthly overview on upcoming C++ user group meetings, this time for March. Also I am able to list again two new groups, one from France, one from Sweden.
So lets start with Sweden, all I know is that next Monday there is a C++11 lightning talk meeting of c++folk in Malmö. As far as I can see there was one previous meeting in November. Looks like that there is a new C++ User Group in Sweden in the making. The other new C++ User Group meets in Lyon on the 13th March. There is some activity in France since last year, with francecpp.org there is an upcoming website to support the french C++ scene and upcoming user groups. I've been in February at the first meeting of the C++ user group in Aachen, which was with around 40 people a full success, I've also heard that the Meetings in Moscow and Dortmund were very good. So it seems, that with every new month, there is more activity in Europe with C++ user groups.
An overview about the C++ user group meetings of this month:
- 10.3 C++ UG Malmö, Sweden - C++folk/ C++11 Lightning talks
- 10.3 C++ UG Philadelphia - boost spirit
- 12.3 C++ UG San Francisco/Bayarea - Fun with Lamdas: C++14 Style
- 13.3 C++ UG Lyon, France
- 13.3 C++ UG Dresden - building Compilers in C++
- 17.3 C++ UG Belgium - Whats new in C++14
- 17.3 C++ UG London
- 17.3 C++ UG NRW/Dortmund
- 17.3 C++ UG Denver - C++11 Standard
- 18.3 C++ UG Berlin - Peter Gottschling - Matrix Template Library
- 18.3 C++ UG Hamburg
- 19.3 C++ UG NRW/Düsseldorf - Exception Safety guarantees in C++
- 19.3 C++ UG North West/Seattle - C++17: I see a monad in your future
- 20.3 C++ UG Munich - C++ IO Streams
- 25.3 C++ UG Chicago seems like they need a location!
- 27.3 C++ UG New York - C++14
So thats 16 C++ User Groups meeting in March. 10 in Europe, 6 in America, maybe I have overseen a few, maybe not. Some User Groups which don't meet in March will meet in April or May. And if there is no active C++ user group close by you, maybe you want to start one? Also notify me, if you would like to be listed with your user group in this series!