C++ User Group Meetings in September 2013
published at 07.09.2013 12:52 by Jens Weller
Again, this months edition of C++ User Group meetings. Its great to see how much activity there is in C++. GoingNative just ended and at the end of this month the C++ committee will meet in Chicago. Also there will be 9 Meetings of C++ user groups. The north western C++ user group meets in Seattle, and Jon Kalb organizes two meetings in the Bay Area, in Europe its the C++ user groups of London, Dresden, Hamburg, Düsseldorf and Berlin meeting.
Lets see the dates:
- 11.9 - UG San Francisco - C++ Seasoning (sounds like Sean Parent, but MeetUp is down while writing this)
- 12.9 - UG Dresden - Peter Gottschling talks about MTL4, his math/matrix library
- 17.9 - UG Berlin - no talk announced yet
- 18.9 - UG London - appseleration gives a talk about their use of C++
- 18.9 - UG Düsseldorf/NRW - Detlef Wilkening gives the second part of his talk about Ideoms in C++
- 18.9 - UG North West/Seattle - Stability in numerical programming - Robert Goddard
- 24.9 - UG Chicago - One C++ - Herb Sutter
- 25.9 - UG Hamburg - A talk about libcppa - actor based concurrency in C++ (similar to the talk at C++Now)
- 25.9 - UG San Francisco - C++11 Templates / GoingNative Trip Report
- I've listed the european user groups at the events page.
So, this is really a lot of active user groups, and its just the ones I know about, if you know about an active C++ user group (meeting in September) that is missing here, please contact me, so I can add it.
Regarding upcoming user groups, there is a new one in the making in wroclaw, poland. But I do not have many details to share about this, they plan to meet for the first time in October.