Call for Papers - one more week
One more week left to submit your talk to Meeting C++ 2014! So far 15 speakers have submitted 20 talks, to have at least 25 - 30 talks for the voting would be perfect. In total Meeting C++ 2014 will feature again 21 Talks and 2 keynotes.
Submit your talk
Please submit your talk over the webform, you'll only need a paragraph about yourself as a speaker, and the talk title plus 2-3 short paragraphs which describe your talk. After the call for papers ends, there will be the voting, starting this year on Easter Monday. So far almost 300 people will be able to participate in this voting, rating each talk between 1-5 points, only seeing title and description. I've spend the last days optimizing the software which acts as the back end for this event, and also handles the voting. Able to vote are the following groups:
- Attendees of 2014 (if you buy your ticket till the end of the call for papers)
- Attendees of Meeting C++ 2013 and 2012
- All people who have submitted a talk for 2014
More details on the voting next week.
The already submitted talks offer a very interesting range on different C++ related topics, a short selection of already submitted talks:
- Multiplatform C++
- C++ evolves, what about you?
- Development of C++ software in the medical field
- Testdriven C++ with Catch
- Pruning Error Messages From C++ Template Code
- Designing value classes for modern C++
- Monads in chains
- Ranges and iterators for numerical problems
- Introducing Gpcxx - a framework for genetic programming
- Using C++11 techniques for a DDS application
As the deadline is still one more week away, I'm sure there are many more talks to come. I do know about a few talks which aren't yet submitted. I am especially still looking for talks for the theme track "Scientific programming with C++", while some very interesting talks have already been submitted, the theme track is not yet at the 7 talks it would need to fill a full track.
Join the Meeting C++ patreon community!
This and other posts on Meeting C++ are enabled by my supporters on patreon!